Friday, September 22, 2023

Trader Joe's Kimbap

This summer, I felt like something was going to explode in my head because I couldn't get a suntan. Instead, I spent time dancing salsa, cha cha, rumba, samba, cumbia, and jive to South American music. Belly fat decreased. I walk like a feather.


Was it always like that on Labor Day? The weather, which had hovered 80 degrees, suddenly rose above 90 degrees for five days. God must have sensed my desire to sunbathe. I grabbed some kimbap, a new product from Trader Joe’s, and ran to Fire Island.


'Jogane kimbap' first appeared at Trade Joe on August 7th. On August 8, I went to Trade Joe's and was looking at the Japchae. I was surprised to see the word 'Kimbap' written right next to it. The price was $3.99, half the price of the Korean market. I felt like I had hit a windfall. There were only two left. The flavor is good. Also the quantity is large. The price is also good. It would be better if it was a little less sweet, but for the price, it's excellent. I can't complain. 


I've been going to Trade Joe's on 93rd Street and Columbus Avenue in Manhattan every day for almost a week. Every time I go there, the kimbap is gone like the wind. There were only 12 that I managed to salvage. I took it to Fire Island. I ate the frozen food around lunchtime. It was more delicious than eating it warmed up.


I spent five happy days in the hot sunshine on Labor Day, which suddenly became hot. There were also 5 pieces of kimbap left according to the date. I couldn't go to that distant Fire Island every day. I lay down and sunbathed at Riverside Park in front of my house. There is no separate heaven. The weather is nice. Kimbap is delicious. These happy days should be enjoyed to the fullest. Not having fun is a sin. In April, my tan from the equator turned white and then tanned again. For five days, I ate only half of the kimbap and went to Riverside Park to get a tan. And then I came home and enjoyed the joy of eating the remaining half.


I'm sad to see summer slowly drawing to a close. I'm grateful for the simple happiness this summer has brought.

No comments:

Post a Comment