Friday, August 25, 2023

On the wrong road

It was a long time ago. I wanted to read a book in English, but there were a lot of words I didn't recognize and didn't understand, so I picked up the book and put it down repeatedly. How can I read English books easily and fun? While thinking about it, I picked up romance novels. Even without looking for words, the book sheets turned over smoothly.


Even now, I study English every day. I don't have any interest in studying, but I keep doing it because I'm living in the United States. It's boring and difficult, so I'm looking for a fun way to study like before, and I find and listen to counseling on male and female issues on YouTube. There is also adultery counseling.


I turn on the English subtitles and listen. I speak plausible sentences into the iPhone Note speaker. I also record myself into the camera audio to check my pronunciation. I repeat listening, reading, speaking, and writing English in this way. 


While listening to counseling about infidelity, I remembered Aesop's fable, 'The Dog and the Shadow', which I read as a child.


‘A dog crossed a stream with a piece of meat in its mouth. The dog, seeing his reflection in the water, mistook it for another dog with a larger piece of meat than the one he was holding. The dog wanted to make that piece of meat his own. It barked at its prey.' It is a story about a dog that even drops and loses a piece of meat it's holding and loses it.


If I have to bring it, you think the value of the partner next to you is not good enough, and you can lose both of the results of coveting another person through an affair. You can throw away the meat you've been biting down on and fill your stomach with fresh, and enjoy it for a while. Because we are not dogs in fables, the pain of our children and partners is passed on to us due to infidelity. You can taste the bitterness of losing loved ones. It's like trying to catch an illusion and losing the real thing.


As if catching a cloud drifting in the wind, you run amok in fantasy, and when you suddenly realize that it's just an illusion, everything and everyone has changed. The life of your dreams has taken a wrong turn and you can't catch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment